This website and its content are owned by Anchor Capital and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. All rights not expressly granted are reserved. Anchor Capital hereby authorises you to view, download, print and distribute the content of this website, but only for information, non-commercial and private purposes.
The purpose of this document is to provide clients with information on how to lodge a complaint.
Anchor Capital is committed to handling client complaints in a timely and fair manner and has implemented systems and procedures to satisfy this commitment.
This document has been formulated in accordance with the provisions of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act, 37 of 2002 (“FAIS”), the relevant provisions contained in the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act, 45 of 2002 (“CISCA”), the Long-term Insurance Act, 52 of 1998 and the Policyholder Protection rules issued thereunder (“LTIA”), as well as the principles embodied in the “Treating Clients Fairly” ( “TCF”) initiative published by the Financial Services Board.
Commitment to Client Service
Our commitment is to provide excellent service to our clients.
All complaints are taken seriously and we aim to resolve complaints to the satisfaction of our clients wherever possible.
- This document applies to all subsidiaries and affiliates of the Anchor Capital.
- Any client may lodge a complaint in the manner described in this document.
Definition of Complaint
- For the purposes of this document a “complaint” means a specific complaint relating to a financial service rendered by Anchor Capital or any of its representatives to the complainant.
- The complainant must allege in the complaint that Anchor Capital or its representative:
- has contravened or failed to comply with a provision of applicable legislation and that as a result thereof the complainant has suffered or is likely to suffer financial prejudice or damage; or
- has wilfully or negligently rendered a financial service to the complainant which has caused prejudice or damage to the complainant or which is likely to result in such prejudice or damage; or
- has treated the complainant unfairly.
- Complaints which do not satisfy the above definition, while always taken very seriously, will not necessarily follow the procedure outlined in this document.
Receiving of a Complaint
- Clients may complain by telephone, however, to ensure that all complaints are properly understood and speedily dealt with, clients are urged to submit complaints, where possible, in writing (via email, fax or letter).
- Clients may complain by:
- Email to email@example.com
- Fax to: 0866 55 32 85
- Registered Letter to: Anchor Capital Compliance, P.O. Box 1337, Gallo Manor, Sandton, 2052
- Phone to: 011 591 0677
- The complaint must contain all relevant information and copies of relevant documentation must be attached to the written complaint.
- Anchor Capital will confirm receipt of a complaint to the complainant within 48 hours of receipt. Anchor Capital will also endeavour to provide the complainant with a time frame within which it is likely to complete its investigation into the complaint but, depending on the complexity of the complaint, this may not always be possible.
Resolution of a Complaint
- Anchor Capital will endeavour to resolve all complaints received in a timely and fair manner.
- Where a complaint is resolved in favour of the complainant, a full and appropriate level of redress will be offered in writing as soon as possible.
- Where a complaint has not been resolved in favour of the complainant within six weeks of receipt of the complaint, Anchor Capital will send a communication that addresses all the issues and advises the complainant:
- that the complaint may be referred to the FAIS Ombud or other relevant adjudicator if the complainant wishes to pursue the complaint, together with the contact details of such adjudicator; and
- that it should be done within 6 months of receipt of such notification.
For more information on how we can help you, your members and your clients, complete this form and we’ll call you back
+27 (0) 11 591 0677
FAX: 0866 55 32 85
25 Culross Road
An authorised Financial Services Provider FSB # 39834 | Reg # 2009/002925/07 | Vat # 4600260709